skip navigation


Please visit our Ph.D. Application page or our M.A. Application page for current application deadline dates.

Ph.D. Programs

Applicants are accepted on the basis of nomination by the program faculties.  In your application, please nominate faculty members whose research interests provide the best fit to your own interests.  A list of faculty members accepting students can be found here.

Apply Now to the Ph.D. Program

MA Program

Applicants are accepted based on the recommendation of individual faculty.  Only those applicants whose research interests match those of a specific faculty member who is willing to serve as the student’s mentor will be accepted.  You do not need to have a faculty member agree to be your mentor prior to applying to the program, as long as you have similar research interests to a faculty member who is currently accepting students and you list him or her on your online application.

A list of faculty accepting students can be found here.  You must list at least one of these faculty members on your online application in the Enrollment Information Section under “Faculty Member(s) you would like as a mentor” if you are applying for the MA program.  You should list at least one faculty member from the area of research interest that you have indicated on your online application.

Note: The College of Arts and Sciences is pleased to offer a Fall 2018 master’s degree application fee waiver for NY State residents who have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher. Master’s degree applicants should submit their fee waiver request early in the process as there are a limited number of masters application fee waivers are available for Fall 2018. Applicants who have submitted their fee waiver request and an application to the MA in General Psychology must email us at so that we can process your waiver request.

Apply Now to the M.A. Program


International Student Requirements

There are additional admissions requirements for students who are not United States citizens. Students who are not United States citizens should make that clear on their application and should contact the UB International Admissions Office for further information about TOEFL and visa requirements. You may contact the UB Admissions Office by email: or by phone: (716) 645-6121.

International students must pass the SPEAK test by the end of their first year to maintain funding.